Monday, July 11, 2011

What happens in NYC when your local dentist dont ask you for your ID or insurance card and someone else use it?

I went to my dentist and I forgot to bring my wallet with me but they didn't care really and told me to bring it next time, they made me filled the normal paperwork using my ssn and to sign of course. few months later I go and ask for my medical records since I kinda felt a suspicious activity going on with a "roommate" since she heard that they didn't asked me for paperwork she decided to give it a try and to ask for a regular cleaning but I thought that was impossible, anyways I left on a trip by that time and when I came back she actually told me that her plan worked and she also act thankful to me, so ok, I went to see my medical records and it actually shows one more extra thing besides that cleaning that she said she did and by this time I dont live with her anymore, why the medical office allowed her to used my name without my notice, they never photocopy my paperwork, no nothing... I wonder what could I do? is there any legal action against the company? or should I leave everything like that... mmm... lucky me she didnt leave me any medical debt.. oh and by the way this insurance was from the goverment medicare of nyc, any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment