Friday, July 15, 2011

External transfer fees at your banks?

These days, a lot of banks seem to charging fees when you electronically move your money from one banks to another bank. I need to do this so I can move my money to online banks where I can get more interest earnings. I use BBT checking account, and they keep saying they charge $3 per transfer, but I have not noticed this fee in the past at all. I think what they mean is if I used their transfer service then the fee will no doubt apply. However, if I use, let's say, ING direct's transfer service, can BBT charge $3 for this transfer done by ING direct? I don't think so, but BBT's customer service keeps repeating that when my money gets moved from BBT to another institution the fee applies which I don't think is the case. Does anyone have clarifying info related to this seemingly new fees imposed by banks?

No comments:

Post a Comment