Thursday, July 14, 2011

Did I do the right thing in the case of this creepy guy at work? Do you think he was joking?

I'm 24/female and there is an executive (60 year old male; tall, big and imposing) in the company I work for who is always approaching me and generally transmitting a creepy vibe. I didn't think much of it, as you can't do much about someone who's creepy unless they send a clear signal that they've done something wrong. Well, he came by my desk the other day and said, "where were you when I passed by your house on Saturday?" I was so shocked, all I could think of to say was "I don't know... out?" And he said whatever, it was in the morning, I had to have been there. He also put his hand on my head while he told me all this. Keep in mind I've never told him my address (and btw I live at the end of a dead end street, so he wouldn't have a good reason to pass by), but he has access to it through the company. He had made previous comments about coming by my house, but this time, he seemed really serious and creepy. I feared for my safety and reported it to my supervisor and HR just to be on the safe side. Was this the correct thing to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment